The Elrod Firm

What to Expect at The Elrod Firm

Estate planning and elder law issues can often feel overwhelming to address. That’s why our experts are here to help you every step of the way. Below, we’ve outlined frequently asked questions related to our firm and what you can expect.

We actually have four physical offices across the state: Bryant, Fayetteville, Bentonville, and Hot Springs Village. Visit the Contact Us page to find the address and contact information for each location. We also work remotely with families all over Arkansas if none of our offices is convenient to you. We frequently do consultations by Zoom and by telephone.

Our firm specializes in estate planning and elder law. When it comes to estate planning, we draft for clients wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and deeds, all designed to meet our clients concerns in the best possible way. The elder law side of the practice is more broad, including pre-plans to prepare for the high costs of future long-term care and emergency planning for long-term care when planning ahead is no longer an option. These plans are always designed to protect as much income and as many assets as possible even in difficult long-term care situations. Our firm also helps families with guardianship and probate court processes.

The most common way families schedule consults with our firm is just a phone call. We have staff available at each of our locations during normal business hours to take your call and help you set up a meeting with one of our attorneys. But you can also reach out 24/7 using the form at the Contact Us tab of our website.

In most cases, we do not charge a fee for the first meeting with a potential new client seeking assistance with estate planning or elder law matters.

When you schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys, you will receive a Planning Organizer to help you pull together much of the relevant information we may need to have a productive first meeting.

We usually set aside about one hour to review your Planning Organizer, hear your questions and concerns, and then outline a personalized plan designed to meet those concerns in the best way possible. We’ll always address the pros and cons of any plan we propose, and we’ll do our best to answer any questions you may have.

In almost all cases, we charge an upfront flat fee for our work, and we can usually provide an exact fee quote by the end of the initial consultation. For regular estate planning work, the fees can range from $500 to $3,500 depending on a family’s needs. Emergency long-term care services can be more expensive, with an average all-inclusive flat fee of $10,000. We will always explain our fee quotes in detail to help you understand what you’re paying and what benefits you and your family will receive as a result of the plans we propose.

CELA is the acronym for the designation of Certified Elder Law Attorney. There are only four Certified Elder Law Attorneys in the State of Arkansas, and Justin Elrod is one of them. The certification is made by the National Elder Law Foundation. To learn more about what it means to be a Certified Elder Law Attorney and why that certification is important, visit the National Elder Law Foundation website at

No, not necessarily. Some firms that indicate that they do “elder law” primarily have estate planning practices and do not do asset protection planning or crisis planning for Medicaid and VA Benefits. Others who do accept these cases work in the Medicaid field but do not handle VA benefits cases. Elder law is a broad field, and those needing such services should make sure they work with an attorney experienced in all areas of elder law, not just one or two, so that they can consider all available options.

Looking for more substantive information on estate planning and elder law topics?

We have an entire archive of questions with the answers you’re looking for under the Ask the Pros tab of our website. We also have a number of additional resources to point you in the right direction. Check out our Podcast, Articles, and my book, You Need A Plan.

Ready to make a plan? We are here for you.

You don’t have to go another day without a plan. We can help develop a plan that fits your unique situation.

Before you go...

Take some free reading material with you! One of these stories could hold the answers you’ve been looking for. You’ve got nothing to lose by grabbing a free copy.